Let us at Green Wave Surf Bali take you from the beach and into the sea and standing up on a surfboard!
We start our beginner lessons with some on-beach theory. We want you to be safe and comfortable in the water so we discuss the basics such as rip tides, how to control your board, and what to do if you get into trouble or need help. We also go through board basics, positioning, paddling and the basics of standing up. Once we’re sure that you are safe, it off to the white water to practice!
In our beginner lessons, we cover:
- Identify the types of waves suitable for surfing
- Identify surfing hazards
- Equipment and clothing
- Choose a safe surfing location
- Identify suitable weather conditions for surfing
- Choose a safe place to enter the water
- Negotiate small waves using a variety of techniques
- Paddling technique
- Dismounting and falling off a surfboard safely
- Demonstrate correct stance
- Apply surf safety when selecting waves to catch
- Catching and ride a wave
We won’t be able to cover all of these in a single lesson, so recommend taking a few with us over your stay. Once you are comfortable with all of the above, you are ready for the next level – Intermediate!